Location: Workington Tower, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Compensation: Monthly salary & opportunity to earn employee stock options
Over 1 billion people have tried learning an instrument and failed. More than 90% of people who start playing music give up in less than a year. Enter Soundbrenner. By combining wearables with great software, Soundbrenner creates a music practice experience that is fun and rewarding, allowing anyone to learn and master any instrument. We make music practice addictive.
To date we shipped over 100,000 wearables and are in music stores in over 40 countries. Our mobile apps are used by over 600,000 musicians every month. We’re headquartered in Hong Kong and operate an additional office in Berlin. While we are proud of the progress we made so far, we still consider ourselves to be at the very beginning of what is to come.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual. As senior operations manager at Soundbrenner, you’ll be in charge of logistics, finance and human resources. You will make sure things run smoothly – this goes for everything in the office, but also for everything outside the office such as our global logistics operation. As part of a small team in an agile tech startup, you’ll be able to take over real responsibility, wear many different hats, work with lots of autonomy and report directly to our CEO (see here).
What you’ll do:
- Initiate new manufacturing orders of our Pulse & Core wearables. Get progress updates on manufacturing & coordinate payments and logistics around them.
- Keep track of inventory levels of our various warehouses (Asia, EU, US) and replenish stock based on sales forecasts.
- Coordinate and arrange worldwide shipments to large distributors we work with and manage invoicing & payments with them.
- Keep an eye on the logistics costs of customer orders placed on soundbrenner.com and manage the relationships with our fulfillment partners that handle the pick and packing.
- Lead our two virtual assistants/team members in the Philippines on day-to-day operations (basic bookkeeping, logistics, customer support)
- Responsible for accounting operations, handle month-end closing and consolidation. Prepare monthly management reports and financial analysis (using the software Xero).
- Get involved in the budgeting and financial planning of Soundbrenner, based on outstanding invoices and upcoming manufacturing batches.
- Responsible for all HR functions including compensation and benefit administration, payroll & government reporting.
- Day to day office management, e.g. incoming mail, schedule cleaning staff, etc.
- Review, formulate and implement standards and policies that enhance operational efficiency.
What we’re looking for:
- Work visa in Hong Kong.
- Good English speaking skills.
- Good Chinese speaking skills.
- Degree in relevant discipline or no degree, but relevant experience.
- You work with extreme accuracy and like to organize things.
- Fast learner.
- You need to care deeply about doing great work. As member of Soundbrenner you are building a company from the ground up. That means your life right now needs to be all about growing, learning and building and you need to be very excited about the idea of that.
- You need to be able to think outcome oriented. You always need to understand why you are ultimately doing something and constantly ask yourself if what you are currently doing is the best way to achieve it.
- You should be very comfortable being uncomfortable. Challenges and problems don’t scare you. If you are surrounded by problems you don’t focus on what’s wrong but on how you can solve it.
What it’s like working at Soundbrenner:
- Witness the daily life of a fast growing startup from the inside.
- Training on the job – we’ll be able to help you get started with everything you don’t know already, so you can excel at your job.
- You can take on a lot of responsibility and enjoy a steep learning curve.
- We offer a work environment that holds you accountable for results, but gives you the freedom on how you get there.
- Work environment filled with exceptionally passionate people. It will be quite fast paced and a hell a lot of fun.
- If you are like us you have a passion for great design, technology and hardware. At Soundbrenner you get the chance to make this passion your job. Working for a hardware company you get to witness the miracles of making something out of nothing and holding your own product in your hand. What could be more exciting?
- The work we do at Soundbrenner has the potential to touch the life of every single musician on the planet. If we are successful your work may influence an entire industry for the better. We love music and working on something that matters inspires us to give our best every single day.
- You will be provided with the latest computer equipment such as a MacBook Pro by Apple and large screens to work on. You’ll also get the chance to work with the latest, most-modern software tools.
You understand that your ideas have the potential to change the world? You don’t just dream to get something done – you are willing to take the first steps with all its consequences? Then you might fit right in. Please send your application to [email protected].