iOS EngineerLocation: Berlin
Type: Full-time, in-house
Compensation: Fair Monthly Salary & Employee Stock Options
We are Soundbrenner
You’re looking to become the coolest fox in Berlin? Work in Music Technology.
Our hardware and software tools help musicians master their craft. At the heart of our effort is the Soundbrenner Pulse, a smart, vibrating, wearable metronome. To date we sold and shipped over 35,000 units, and are currently developing the second generation product.
We founded the company in Hong Kong, where all the business, finance and marketing takes place, and which is close to the manufacturing hubs of China. The software engineering is done in our Berlin tech office. Our language is English, because in our company 12 nationalities work together on a daily basis.
We’ve raised close to $2 million USD in funding from investors. We were featured in the New York Times, Techcrunch, Gizmodo and around a dozen of other international press outlets, and have been on German and Hong Kong national television.
It’s a great time to join the company. We’re small enough so you can make a lasting impact, and big enough to offer a stable, comfortable work environment. We offer fair compensation and have an employee stock option plan.
What’s it like to work at Soundbrenner? Read this article our CTO wrote: https://email@example.com/working-at-soundbrenner-eb29e0a69fa5
We Hire Long Term
An exceptional software engineering team trusts and likes each other. Great developers like to work with other great developers. We don’t wear ties, we are friends working together.
That’s why we are looking for someone that shares our passions: Music and engineered quality.
We’re in need of an iOS Engineer to help us build the best metronome app in the App Store. We’re already high up there, but we want to get all the way up to the top! It’s a really interesting job, because we use so much of the OS’s functionality:
- Client/Server communication (Open Source Parse Server)
- Universal iPad/iPhone programming
As we’re selling a hardware product, we don’t need to annoy our users with in-app purchases. Instead we can focus on making them happy.
In our team, we have knowledge of Digital Signal Processing, Music Information Retrieval, Embedded Systems Development, Musical Instrument Design and HCI in Music, with many years of mobile application development experience. Us, that is Pau from Spain, Jordan from Canada, Julian from Germany, Alejandro from Mexico, Ahmad from Syria, Saba from Turkey, and Matthijs from the Netherlands.
You’ll love to work with modern tools like Scrum, see your Hong Kong coworkers every morning at the daily video standup meeting and once a year at the big company get together.
Choose your weapons. You are free to work within the IDE and toolchain you prefer. If you like self-managing and result-oriented evaluation, you’ve found your place.
What You'll Do:Some of the key challenges in the next year are a cloud library synchronisation service, as well as the integration of a Bluetooth communication protocol to control the second generation device.
- Frontend: Implement user interfaces based on great designs and specs
- Backend: Implement robust communication with our backend server using the interwebs
- IoT: Learn about implementing communication to our hardware product via Bluetooth Low Energy and Bluetooth 5
- Architecture: We refactor. Our code deserves to be beautiful.
- Keep an eye out for portability and scalability – we build software that lasts
- Give feedback to the product owner about the specs, contribute to the roadmap planning
- Learn about new concepts and technologies from your coworkers, and contribute your own ideas and knowledge
- Pick up our challenge to reduce our bug count to (near?) zero
Hello? Is it you we’re looking for?
- Top notch developing skill, but humble about it
- A passion for music, with at least some basic music making skills
- Developed and released at least one iOS app to the App Store
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- An interest in software architecture and design patterns
- Up to date with developments and trends in the iOS community
- “Do not repeat yourself” DRY coding mentality
- Appreciation for great design and user experience
- An open-mindedness towards other cultures, habits, and life concepts
- Good English skills in speaking and writing (we document)
Preferred but not obligatory:
- Active Musician
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Already present in Berlin (with work permit)
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Experience with client-server communication (REST/JSON, etc.)
- Ability to read Android code (Kotlin and Java)
What it's like working at Soundbrenner:
- You will work with very talented people in an intense work environment. As a result you will experience one of the steepest possible learning curves and have the chance to grow in rapid speed together with the company. It will be quite fast paced and a hell a lot of fun.
- If you are like us you have a passion for great design, technology and hardware. At Soundbrenner you get the chance to make this passion your job. Working for a hardware company you get to witness the miracles of making something out of nothing and holding your own product in your hand. What could be more exciting?
- At Soundbrenner we value justice and we value fairness. If you are capable of adding a lot of value to the company, you will be compensated accordingly. That’s why we are more than happy to offer you company equity as part of your pay. All you need to worry about is doing what you love to do: A great job.
- The work we do at Soundbrenner has the potential to touch the life of every single musician on the planet. If we are successful your work may influence an entire industry for the better. We love music and working on something that matters inspires us to give our best every single day.
CTO & Co-Founder at Soundbrenner Limited