- Workington Tower, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Also open to remote (global)
- Monthly salary or unpaid, depending on your experience level
Over 1 billion people have tried learning an instrument and failed. More than 90% of people who start playing music give up in less than a year. Enter Soundbrenner. By combining wearables with great software, Soundbrenner creates a music practice experience that is fun and rewarding, allowing anyone to learn and master any instrument. We make music practice addictive.
To date we shipped over 100,000 wearables and are in music stores in over 40 countries. Our mobile apps are used by over 600,000 musicians every month. We have offices in Hong Kong and Berlin. While we are proud of the progress we made so far, we still consider ourselves to be at the very beginning of what is to come.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual. As a design intern, you’ll get the chance to become part of a multidisciplinary marketing team. Work together with experts in webdesign, digital advertising, email marketing and video production among many other disciplines and contribute your visual design skills to the mix. You’ll do real work, gain valuable experience and you’ll be able to complete several impressive projects for your portfolio.
Examples of what you might work on (flexible depending on your areas of interest):
- Design webpages for our new and upcoming products.
- Develop and evolve our visual brand guidelines and ensure consistency throughout all designs that Soundbrenner puts out in the world. Help build an exciting global brand in the music industry!
- Design the visual packaging for current and future hardware products. Contribute your ideas to the industrial design of the packaging as well as the whole unboxing experience. Design manuals, quick start guides and other packaging content.
- Work hand in hand with our marketing team to create exhibition materials, product photography and more.
- Build out new features and UI elements of our mobile app which is used by over 600,000 musicians every month.
- Edit videos featuring our artists and products that go live on our YouTube channel or are used for digital advertising on Facebook and Instagram.
What we’re looking for:
- Relevant experience and degrees are great and appreciated. However, above all we are looking for someone with a great taste and passion for design. Send us your past projects you are most proud of! This will be the primary basis of your evaluation.
- Have at least 3+ months available so your internship can include meaningful projects
What it’s like working at Soundbrenner:
- Witness the daily life of a fast growing startup from the inside.
- Training on the job – we’ll be able to help you get started with everything you don’t know already, so you can excel at your job.
- You can take on a lot of responsibility and enjoy a steep learning curve.
- We offer a work environment that holds you accountable for results, but gives you the freedom on how you get there.
- Work environment filled with exceptionally passionate people. It will be quite fast paced and a lot of fun.
- If you are like us you have a passion for great design, technology and hardware. At Soundbrenner you get the chance to make this passion your job. Working for a hardware company you get to witness the miracles of making something out of nothing and holding your own product in your hand. What could be more exciting?
- The work we do at Soundbrenner has the potential to touch the life of every single musician on the planet. If we are successful your work may influence an entire industry for the better. We love music and working on something that matters inspires us to give our best every single day.
- You will be provided with the latest computer equipment such as a MacBook Pro by Apple and large screens to work on. You’ll also get the chance to work with the latest, most-modern software tools.
You understand that your ideas have the potential to change the world? You don’t just dream to get something done – you are willing to take the first steps with all its consequences? Then you might fit right in. Please send your application to [email protected].