Location: PMQ, Central, Hong Kong
Compensation: Monthly Salary & Employee Stock Options
Soundbrenner builds the world’s first wearable smart device for musicians. It’s the metronome of the 21st century. Wearable, smart and powered by vibrations. Soundbrenner combines hardware products with mobile and desktop apps into a holistic solution that empowers musicians to achieve true mastery of rhythm.
We’re headquartered in Hong Kong and hold an additional office in Berlin. We currently employ a full-time staff of 11. To date we sold and shipped over 10,000 units. We’ve raised close to $2 million USD in funding from investors. We were featured in the New York Times, Techcrunch, Gizmodo and around a dozen of other international press outlets.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly capable and motivated individual. As Art Director at Soundbrenner, you’ll be in charge of the conception and execution of the stylistic look of all things design for Soundbrenner. It will be your responsibility to take part in the visual re-development of our brand and implement it across all verticals from mobile app user interface, to the website, packaging and advertising. It is a diverse role, perfect for a multitalent in design:
What you’ll do:
- Take part in the process of re-defining our brand from the very beginning and tell a consistent story throughout all company visuals
- Bring our wireframes to life with your design and work with our software engineers to implement them into apps used by tens of thousands
- Maintain, update and polish the design of our website www.soundbrenner.com
- Design the visual packaging for current and future hardware products. Contribute your ideas to the industrial design of the packaging as well as the whole unboxing experience. Design manuals, quick start guides and other packaging content.
- Conceptualize and project manage the creation of marketing videos together with professI caional photographers and video service providers.
What we’re looking for:
- Portfolio showcasing experience designing for a wide range of projects (UI, website, packaging, advertising)
- You need to care deeply about doing great work. You need to derive your satisfaction not from praise, but from being proud of what you accomplished yourself. Work needs to play a major part in your life and your priorities. As member of Soundbrenner you are building a company from the ground up. That means your life right now needs to be all about growing, learning and building and you need to be very excited about the idea of that.
- You have pixel-perfect attention to detail and are obsessed with the pursuit of cutting-edge design work
- You should be very comfortable being uncomfortable. Challenges and problems don’t scare you. If you are surrounded by problems you don’t focus on what’s wrong but on how you can solve it.
- Bonus: Project management. Video editing skills.
What it’s like working at Soundbrenner:
- You will work with very talented people in an intense work environment. As a result you will experience one of the steepest possible learning curves and have the chance to grow in rapid speed together with the company. It will be quite fast paced and a hell a lot of fun.
- If you are like us you have a passion for great design, technology and hardware. At Soundbrenner you get the chance to make this passion your job. Working for a hardware company you get to witness the miracles of making something out of nothing and holding your own product in your hand. What could be more exciting?
- At Soundbrenner we value justice and we value fairness. If you are capable of adding a lot of value to the company, you will be compensated accordingly. That’s why we are more than happy to offer you company equity as part of your pay. All you need to worry about is doing what you love to do: A great job.
- The work we do at Soundbrenner has the potential to touch the life of every single musician on the planet. If we are successful your work may influence an entire industry for the better. We love music and working on something that matters inspires us to give our best every single day.
You understand that your ideas have the potential to change the world? You don’t just dream to get something done – you are willing to take the first steps with all its consequences? Then you might fit right in. Please send your application to email@example.com.
CEO & Co-Founder at Soundbrenner Limited